CRAVE YARN and YARN CULTURE are combining forces for something truly fantastic this spring… Something outrageously adventurous… Something not to be missed. We’re hopping the pond to attend the 2019 Edinburgh Yarn Festival! You’re invited to come with us. We’ll spend four days in a yarn frenzy at one of Europe’s premier fiber festivals. Then we’ll head out of the city to explore Scotland itself, traveling along the coast and up into the famous Scottish Highlands. The week’s itinerary is a blend of organized events, optional activities, and free time. It’s going to be an amazing experience.
Highlights of the trip include
- Four nights in Edinburgh with access to the market, activities, and workshops at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival
- Exclusive CRAVE CULTURE evening events with invited designers and fiber folk
- Optional walking tour of the Royal Mile, hosted tour of the National Museum of Scotland and full day exploring Glasgow. (If you find yourself in need of a little break from yarn.)
- Private retreat and workshops at the historic Kinblethmont House
- three days exploring the landscape, villages, artisans, historic architecture and distilleries of the Scottish Highlands
March 20 – 29, 2019
*Does not include airfare; $500 deposit due at time of registration.
Included in the Price:
- 9 night’s lodging at comfortable, authentic Scottish small hotels and inns
- An average of two meals per day, one of which is breakfast every morning
- Overnight knitting retreat, catered meals, and workshops with featured designers at Kinblethmont House. Our fabulous designers will be announced soon!
- Exclusive CRAVE CULTURE evening events at Edinburgh Yarn Festival
- Entry fees to all museums and activities
- Group protection plan insurance (Please note: our plan does not cover individuals who are not US citizens. If you are joining us from Canada or Europe, please be sure to acquire your own trip insurance.)
Not included in Package Price:
- Airfare (however, we can provide assistance in finding and securing your travel reservations to and from Edinburgh)
- Travel to/from airport and in/around Edinburgh (we’ll provide help and guidance)
- Entry to Edinburgh Yarn Festival events. Note: CRAVE Culture will alert all participants as to the when/how/where of ticket purchases for events, market, and workshops. Individuals will be responsible for determining their intended itinerary for the festival and securing any desired tickets. We will make every effort to provide you with necessary information well in advance of sign ups and sales.
- Some meals
For detailed itinerary and registration information, please contact our friends at Rowan Tree Travel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org